College Profile: College of Staten Island CUNY
The College of Staten Island, one of the 11 senior colleges of The City University of New York, is, like the University, committed to both access and excellence. This double commitment is especially critical given CSI’s status as the only public college on Staten Island and the one instance in which CUNY is represented in a borough by one unit alone. The College offers the associate degree in selected areas, a comprehensive range of baccalaureate programs, selected master’s programs, and, in cooperation with the CUNY Graduate Center, doctoral programs.
The College of Staten Island is a four-year, senior college of The City University of New York that offers exceptional opportunities to all its students. Programs in the liberal arts and sciences and professional studies lead to bachelor’s and associate’s degrees. The master’s degree is awarded in 13 professional and liberal arts and sciences fields of study. The College participates in doctoral programs of The City University Graduate School and University Center in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, and Psychology.
With the range of CSI's offerings, you can pursue almost any career path. Choose from programs in fields as varied as business, education, nursing, pre-medicine, music, and computer science. CSI's general education program will help you discover how to connect and integrate all of the courses from your undergraduate studies.
CSI provides undergraduates many opportunities to work with senior faculty on research projects and to participate in strong international programs. CSI also has selective graduate programs in areas of special strength. In all we do, we never lose sight of our focus on intellectual development.
Completed in 1994, the 204-acre campus of CSI/CUNY is the largest site for a college in New York City. Set in a park-like landscape, the campus is centrally located on Staten Island. Mature trees and woodlands, flowering trees and ornamental plantings, fields and outdoor athletic facilities, the great lawn, sculpture, and seating areas create a rural oasis in an urban setting.
718-982-2030 (financial aid)
||Staten Island, CSI, College of Staten Island|
||Public, 4-year or above|
||10,000 - 19,999|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
College of Staten Island CUNY Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Average Tuition for Full-Time Graduates
Comprehensive Fee for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Graduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||No
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies.
- English Language and Literature/Letters, Other.
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing.
- Information Science/Studies.
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Economics, General.
- Film/Cinema Studies.
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General.
- Environmental Science.
- Engineering, General.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Social Work.
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education.
- Physics, General.
- International Relations and Affairs.
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Other.
- Social Sciences, Other.
- Educational, Instructional, and Curriculum Supervision.
- History, General.
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology/Technologist.
- Architectural Technology/Technician.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Music, General.
- Women's Studies.
- Psychology, General.
- Physical Therapy/Therapist.
- Construction Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Civil Engineering Technology/Technician.
- Mathematics Teacher Education.
- Social Studies Teacher Education.
- Mathematics, General.
- Spanish Language and Literature.
- Biology Teacher Education.
- Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN).
- American/United States Studies/Civilization.
- Fine/Studio Arts, General.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Computer Science.
- Special Education and Teaching, General.
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric.
- Chemistry, General.
- History Teacher Education.
- Business/Commerce, General.
Question and Answer about "College of Staten Island CUNY"
No questions found...