College Profile: Lambuth University
Lambuth University is a small, co-educational, liberal arts university located in Jackson, Tennessee. It is associated with the United Methodist Church. They participate in the NAIA's TranSouth and Mid-South Conferences. Lambuth University is an independent undergraduate, church-related institution supported by the Memphis Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. Since 1843, when it began as the Memphis Conference Female Institute, Lambuth has provided students an opportunity to use their intelligence in the service of God and humanity. Lambuth University is located in Jackson, Tennessee, a city of about 55,000 people, in the heart of West Tennessee. Jackson is easily accessible by highways Tennessee State Route 20, US 45 and US 70 and Interstate 40. The city of Jackson is a major commerce center for West Tennessee and has three other institutions of higher learning in addition to Lambuth, a civic center, coliseum, symphony orchestra, excellent medical facilities, AA minor league baseball, performing arts center, parks and shopping centers. Lambuth has a limited enrollment with small classes; faculty members participate in research and scholarship, but their primary responsibilities are teaching and advising. The University has a sequence of courses required of all students. These requirements include two courses in religion; competency in certain skills such as writing, speaking, and physical education; knowledge of subject matter such as natural science, mathematics, social science and computer science or computer information systems; two interdisciplinary courses, and comprehensive evaluation at the senior level. In offering such a sequence of courses, the faculty realizes that students need more than a certain number of hours in order to be educated. As the Purpose of the University clearly states, liberal education at Lambuth involves a reaffirmation of the Wesleyan emphasis on academic excellence and faith in a world that needs freedom of inquiry, careful analysis, communication, responsibility, and service to others.
731-425-3331 (financial aid)
||Private not-for-profit, 4-year or above|
|Title IV Eligibility
||Participates in Title IV federal financial aid programs|
College Student Services Offered
||Academic/career counseling service|
||Employment services for students||Yes
||Placement services for completers|
||On-campus day care for students' children||
College Special Learning Opportunities
||Distance learning opportunities|
||ROTC: Air Force||
Sources: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Lambuth University Website
Admissions Considerations & Recommendations
|Open admission policy
|Admission test scores
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language
Applicants (most recent fall period)
Admissions (most recent fall period)
Percentage of Students Submitting Test Scores
SAT Percentile Scores
ACT Percentile Scores
Percentage Receiving Financial Aid
Average Amount of Financial Aid Received
Average Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduates
Per Credit Hour Charge for Part-Time Undergraduates
||Student Body Size||Yes
||Total Dormitory Capacity|
College Levels Offered
||Less than one year certificate||No
||One but less than two years certificate|
||Two but less than 4 years certificate|
All Academic Programs
- History Teacher Education.
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Other.
- English/Language Arts Teacher Education.
- Communication and Media Studies, Other.
- Music Performance, General.
- Communication Disorders, General.
- Theatre/Theatre Arts Management.
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General.
- Music Teacher Education.
- Environmental Science.
- Political Science and Government, General.
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, Other.
- Mathematics, General.
- English Language and Literature, General.
- Education/Teaching of Individuals with Specific Learning Disabilities.
- Foreign Languages and Literatures, General.
- Computer and Information Sciences, General.
- Chemistry, General.
- History, General.
- International Business/Trade/Commerce.
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching.
- Secondary Education and Teaching.
- Psychology, General.
- Business/Commerce, General.
- Interior Design.
- Business/Managerial Economics.
- Music, Other.
- Religion/Religious Studies.
- Foods, Nutrition, and Related Services, Other.
- Philosophy and Religious Studies, Other.
- Art Teacher Education.
- International/Global Studies.
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences, General.
- Athletic Training/Trainer.
- General Studies.
- Business Administration, Management and Operations, Other.
- Management Information Systems, General.
- Accounting and Business/Management.
- Visual and Performing Arts, General.
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management.
- Mathematics Teacher Education.
- Elementary Education and Teaching.
- Music, General.
- Health and Physical Education, General.
Question and Answer about "Lambuth University"
No questions found...