The Associate General Counsel - Litigation is responsible for providing advice and legal counsel to the company on a broad range of litigation and dispute resolution matters. The incumbent in this role will report to the Deputy General Counsel and assist with all in-house litigation matters and with the preparation of all litigation and risk reports. The Associate General Counsel may also manage and supervise the work of paralegals.
- Responsible for providing advice and legal counsel to the company on a broad range of matters.
- Manage Lennar’s outside attorneys in all aspects of litigation facing the enterprise, including construction defect, personal injury, environmental, employment, land use, and contract (business) disputes.
- Assist in the preparation of litigation and risk reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, outside auditors, and internal business clients.
- Assist with an array of departmental administrative matters, budgetary and compliance activities, internal investigations, and other legal matters as they arise.
- Responsible for establishing and assuring compliance with case management strategies to further the business goals of the company.
- Supervises the work of paralegals.
- Juris Doctorate required and admitted to a state bar association
- At least 12 years of relevant, legal experience with a preference for some experience managing in-house litigation at a publicly traded corporation
- Ability to travel at least once per month and over long distances, whether on aircraft or by other means
Lennar Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Miami.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process